The School Advisory Committee is made up of parents and guardians, staff, students, community members, and other stakeholders, who wish to see McCurdy Charter School realize its full potential. The committee goals are to:
- Promote a strong unity between students, school, and community
- Promote and organize school-wide functions
- Make recommendations to the Governance Board on school issues such as academics, student discipline, and school budget planning
- Work with students to implement school-wide plans
- Present the concerns of parents and guardians to the Governance Board
The School Advisory Committee (SAC) meets monthly, with biweekly meetings held depending on topics being addressed. Meeting dates are announced through secondary and elementary school email lists, and are posted on the school website.
Everyone’s involvement is welcome in order to provide the best learning environment possible for our students. Please consider participating in the School Advisory Committee through attendance at meetings, serving on a subcommittee, leading a subcommittee, or donating time, money, service, or materials.
The current SAC committees include Academics, Technology, Policy, and Staff/Student Support. Please contact Chris Martinez should you be interested in leading or serving on a committee. Your contribution is appreciated.
The Governance Board liaison to the SAC is Chris Martinez. Chris can be contacted at email@example.com.